Excel DSTDEV Function
How to use the DSTDEV Function
This Excel tutorial explains how to use the Excel DSTDEV function with syntax and examples.
The Excel DSTDEV function returns Standard Deviation of the column values of datatable or database, based on a given conditions.
- The formula =DSTDEV(D7:G12,"Price",D4:E5) would return 106 numeric value.
- The formula =DSTDEV(D7:G12,2,D4:E5) would return 106 numeric value.
To Get the Standard Deviation of the column values based on given Criteria.
The DSTDEV function returns a Numeric value.
=DSTDEV(database, field, criteria)
The DSTDEV function syntax has the following arguments:
- database: Required. The range of cells that makes up the list or database including data headers.
- field: Required. The table header name or index number of header.
- criteria: Required. The range of cells that contains your criteria including data headers.
- The database argument is a range of cells that includes field headers.
- The criteria can include a variety of expressions, including some wildcards.
- The DSTDEV function supports wildcards in criteria.
- The Criteria can include more than one row.
- Make sure that the criteria range does not overlap the database list.
- The database and criteria ranges must include matching headers.